10 Recruiting Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the recruitment industry. Whether you are a staffing agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following hiring facts (Updated June 2020):
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $5,000 and $14,000.
- On average there will be between 64 and 104 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 3% and 8% of these applicants get an interview.
- Organisations spend on average 5 and 7 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 77% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- Many organisations use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 76% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- It was reported of the 17,000 new hires 47% of them failed within 18 months and of these, 84% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the company. Only 11% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 34% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- Phone interviews last 33 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 46 minutes on average. In a survey of 2,000 hiring managers, 35% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 1 day to 12 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- companies report that 1 in 18 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- On average new staff take between 23 and 29 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 28% look for multitasking skills; 30% look for initiative; 22% look for creative thinking; and 13% look for something else in the candidate.
For more Labour Hire Agency Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job: