Come join the team at Jason's Deli, one of the fastest growing restaurants in the industry!
We are looking for friendly, outgoing people who enjoy serving customers!
The Supervisor supervises employees in the job set-up, during the shift, as well as the close of the shift: catering/delivery coordinator, order taker,cashier, chip and pickle, all front and back line positions, and delivery driver . The Supervisor is responsible for the overall effectiveness of their area of responsibility with in the operation.
Education: The applicant must have either a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
Experience: Qualified applicants must have at least 6 months work experience in a supervisory position.
Skills: Qualified applicants must be age 18 or over, must be able to direct a staff, must be able to consistently exercise sound discretion, must be able to memorize basic job routines, must be able to read, write, and communicate in English effectively, must be able to perform basic math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, counting change correctly, and handling, organizing and balancing money and credit card charge slips.
Health: An applicant who is currently infected with or has knowledge that they are currently infected with a communicable disease which has been determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services as one which is transmissible to the public through the handling of food will not be considered as a qualified candidate. An applicant must comply with the applicable city Department of Health regulations as well as Jason's deli's dress code policies.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Supervising employees in food preparation.
- Learning job position functions and being able to instruct others on how to perform those same duties.
- Utilizing opening and shift checklists to ensure all positions are operating as they should be at all times.
- Checks out staff at the end of a shift to ensure proper completion of their responsibilities.
- Handles complaints and issues brought forth by any customer.
- Produce and truck order checks in.
- Close the deli.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 LBs, and responsible for putting all truck orders away.
- Must have previous restaurant experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- The ability to stand for extensive periods of time.
- The ability to bend over, reach upwards or outward, twist, turn around, and climb up on ladders in a timely fashion.
- The ability to perform a variety of job tasks at a very rapid pace.
- The ability to perform job tasks repetitiously at a very rapid pace for extended periods of time.
- The ability to work in an environment with temperature fluctuations.
- The ability to use equipment including telephones, cash registers, calculators, knives, meat slicers, buffalo choppers, drills, mixers, can openers, scales, and dishwashing machines.
- The ability to lift very heavy objects with or without assistance.
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
1. Making food deliveries in an automobile to residential and commercial properties.
2. Daily organizing of products including lifting heavy orders of product, putting up heavy orders of product in the walk in cooler and other storage areas, re-arranging product in the walk-in cooler and products at other display locations, arranging items in cabinets.
- Medical benefits for full time employees
- AFLAC benefits available
- Paid Time Off for full time employees after a year
- Discounts for food before or after a shift
Statement of Performance:
- The General Manager and District Manager will evaluate a newly promoted employee during the ninety-day introductory period. After the introductory period, the General Manager and District Manager will evaluate performance on an on-going basis and salary increases are given at any time, as determined by the General Manager and District Manager.
Statement of Totality:
- This position will include any and all other essential and secondary duties assigned by management to ensure the proper functioning of the operations of the deli.